Homes Management is a ‘Full Service’ Property Management Company. We specialize in helping investors manage their income properties. We have no start up, set up, or placement fees. There are no additional marketing, accounting, or turn over fees either. We begin collecting our Management commission once you start collecting rent. You owe no commissions when your property is vacant. We are also a Brokerage that can assist you in purchasing, exchanging or selling your investment properties.
- Competitive Pricing - As the leading North County Property Management Company, we use the most effective marketing tools to rent your property. Managing over 225 properties in Escondido and San Marcos gives us the cutting edge on marketing comparable rents. We also perform periodic rental surveys ensuring rents stay competitive. 65% of our tenant referrals currently come from Craigslist advertising. We also provide you with an advertisement on our website which links to google and yahoo search engines. We are connected to our local military housing offices who receive our rental lists and since we have been in the same office since 1978, many people know they can receive our free rental list posted outside our office daily. Finally, good ole fashion rental signs still bring in about 25% of tenant referrals.
- Tenant Screening - We diligently screen all applicants according to Fair Housing and Industry Standards. The application process starts with the applicant doing a drive-by exterior inspection of the unit and neighborhood followed by an interior inspection with a member of our team. At that time, the applicant is given an application for all occupants 18 years and older. Once the application is submitted, we would thoroughly verify income, credit history and rental history. Screening of applicants and selection of tenants are based on industry standards and applicable laws.
- Tenant Placement– Once we approve an application, we take a security deposit and can hold the property for up to two weeks with a security deposit. Moving day, all adult occupants meet at the office to sign their rental agreement, pick up keys to take possession, and to pay their first month rent. All forms are templates created by the California Association of Realtors, California Apartment Association and their Legal Team. We protect owners by using these up to date forms because of the ever changing, complex nature of tenant/landlord law, the use of these well researched forms is essential.
- Property Maintenance – All maintenance calls come to our office. We respond to all maintenance requests in a prompt and timely manner. Homes Management maintains a list of contractors who are licensed and insured; liability and workman’s compensation. We currently manage approximately 225 homes which gives us a buying power that benefits our clients by ensuring quality work at competitive prices with reasonable response time. We perform periodic drive-by inspection of properties to confirm tenants are fulfilling their responsibilities and note any needed maintenance or improvements to the home. Our goal is to maintain the value of your investment property and ensure all liability and habitability issues are addressed and corrected.
- Rent Collection – We maintain an aggressive rent collection policy. All rents are due on the 1st of the month and late on the 5th of the month. Shortly, thereafter all tenants with unpaid rent are served a ’3- Day Notice to Pay or Quit’. Tenant late fee policies and cost are clear and included in the rental agreement.
- Accounting – Our accounting staff has over 30 years of experience. We use Yadri Property Management Accounting Software and all owner checks are promptly mailed with monthly accounting statements on the same day each month. We also provide an annual reporting of all income/expenses along with 1099 information needed for your income tax professional.
- Legal Services – When a situation of unpaid rent, breach of rental agreement, Landlord & Tenant conflict, etc. reaches an unacceptable level where mediation or even eviction is needed, Homes Management has a 20+ year relationship with a law firm that specializes in Landlord & Tenant Law. Let our expertise help you know when it is time to obtain legal help. Legal fees are an owners responsibility.
- Schedule of Fees – Professional Discounts and multiple property discounts may apply. Please contact us for an estimate. Please include your property address so we can properly answer your questions.
- Real Estate Sales – Homes Management is also an established Full Service Real Estate Sales office. We are members of the north San Diego County Association of Realtors and Sandicor Multiple Listing Service MLS. We offer Real Estate sales representation to all Property Management customers. We specialize in IRS 1031 Exchange of Investment Properties, Buying and Selling.
- Mortgage Loans - We have an established relationship with numerous lending groups to help you with all your lending needs. Please contact us for an estimate.